CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 07, 2009

june 6th, 2009

This was an important day for two reasons. It was little Erich's blessing day and my 27th birthday.

We decided to keep the blessing small with just our parents and grandparents. Ben did a lovely job, even though he was really nervous and anxious. He commented to me after that he almost passed out during the blessing. I'm proud of him, though, and am happy with how it turned out.

My awesome mother-in-law made Erich's blessing outfit. I LOVE how it turned out. Grandma Susan bought his booties and socks. I think he looked absolutely precious!!Grandpa Erich & Little Erich

Daddy, Erich, and Grandpa Erich


Four Generations: Opa Hubert, Ben, little Erich, & Grandpa Erich (do you se how they all look alike??)
Opa Hubert, Ben, little Erich, Grandpa Erich, & Grandpa Witt

Grandma Witt, Grandma Hubert, little Erich, me, Grandma Susan, Grandma Ella, and Oma Hubert
My little man. He was so calm the whole time. Grandpa Witt told me that during the blessing he was staring up at everyone's faces and when everyone said "Amen," Erich cooed a little "Amen" himself.
Opa Hubert always plays "Happy Birthday" on the harmonica on everyone's birthday. He brought it out and played for me and then after the blessing, he played for Erich. Erich loved it!


Then it was off to my mom's house for a BBQ. She went all out--as usual--and even made my favorite pasta salad. We had yummy "Nothing Bundt Cake" chocolate cake and I received lots of wonderful gifts!! Thanks, everyone!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday!!! It looks like you had a great day!!! I can't believe that we are both in our late 20's? It feels like just yesterday that we were having sleep overs and jumping on your trampoline!!! Your little Erich is adorable!!!

Toby and Tammy said...

What a beautiful day! Hope you had a great 27th birthday.
Erich's outfit is adorable.

And yum!!! We love the Nothing Bundt Cakes. They are a favorite.

Rachael said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Happy birthday! It looks like the baby blessing turned out. Yay!